FOR ALMOST 100 YEARS, OUR FAMILY HAS INTRODUCED VALPOLICELLA'S HEART TO THE WORLD: SCENTS AND TASTES OF OUR LAND
The name Brigaldara appears for the first time in a notary deed dated 1260. This name, for centuries, identified a villa, together with the farmhouses and the lands that surround it.
In 1929, the Cesari family acquires the villa with the surrounding land. At that time, fruit and cereals were cultivated among vines and olives. During the ‘60s and ‘70s, when share farming fell into disuse, the land was reconverted to specialized cultures of vine and olive only.
Up to 1979, Brigaldara did not make its own wine and sold most of the grapes it harvested. Winemaking triggered a rapid development process for the company, consolidated by the acquisition of: 4ha in Marano (1990), 4ha in Grezzana (1991) and 70 ha in Case Vecie – 9 of which planted with vines 450mt/a.s.l. Lastly, the long-term lease of 20ha in Marcellise, east of Verona.